A list of the most famous celebrity suicide notes.
Suicide notes are messages giving reasons why the author has committed (or plans to commit) suicide. They are messages left by the suicide victims in the hope that the messages would be discovered after they have left this world. It is believed that about 20% of all suicides are accompanied with a note or message left to be discovered.
Here are some famous suicide notes left by famous people who committed suicide through out the years:
• Clara Blandick was an actress who became famous all over the world for her film role in the 1993 film The Wizard of Oz. Clara Blandick performed remarkably playing Auntie Em in the The Wizard of Oz. Clara left a suicide note in which she that she was now about to make the great adventure. Great adventure obviously referring to the adventure of death. Moments after penning this suicide note, Clara Blandick kept to her words and killed herself. She left the whole world in a state of shock.
• Dalida was a famous French singer. Who did not know Dalida, anyone who loved music definitely had heard of Dalida for she was an exceptionally talented singer. Sadly Dalida killed herself by overdosing on barbiturates. She left a suicide note that said that life has become very unbearable for her and that she begs to be forgiven.
• Famous English writer Eustace Budgell left one of the most ambiguous suicide notes which stated just stated the following words: “What Cato did, and Addison approved, cannot be wrong.” I honestly still don’t know what those words mean till today although I have tried on several occasions to understand it.
• George Eastman became famous all over the world after he invented the 35mm film. Soon after that Eastman founded Eastman Kodak. But with becoming famous came Eastman’s battle with depression. I guess there is always a price one has to pay for fame and fortune. Eastman committed suicide and in his suicide note the inventor said that his work on earth was done. There was nothing more to do so why should he wait on earth any longer.
• Tony Hancock was a famous British comedian. Hancock was arguably the greatest comedian of his generation. He was loved by many and admired and respected by his peers all over the globe for his brilliant talent. Hancock battled severely with depression and in 1968 when his troubles overcame him he killed himself and left a suicide note in which he said that life was so unbearable for him and that a lot of things were going wrong in his life.
• The award wining British film actor, George Sanders committed suicide leaving one of the saddest suicide notes that I have ever witnessed. In his suicide note, George Sanders said that he was leaving the world because he felt so bored with life. He said he had lived long enough on planet earth and that it was time for him to go. He bade the world farewell and ended with a good luck to the world. That was it, and the next moment, George Sanders was dead.
• A former South Korean President, Roh Moo-Hyun’s suicide note said how sorry he was to the nation for letting his people down. In his suicide note, the former president said he had to live the world as he found himself a burden to other people.
• Elliott Smith was a famous singer-songwriter. Elliott Smith was known all over the world for the sheer talent showcased in writing music and lyrics. The world was in love with Elliot Smith but the world hardly knew that the famous musician was battling some serious demons. Elliot Smith battled seriously with addiction and depression. Smith’s addiction won the battle at last, forcing the brilliant songwriter to commit suicide, leaving a suicide note that said sorry to the world and begged for God’s forgiveness.
• The lead singer of the punk band Plasmatics, Wendy O. Williams committed suicide after writing a suicide note in which the singer stated that he doesn’t believe that anyone should commit suicide with first having given the act a deep thought over a reasonable amount of time. Obviously Williams had given the idea of a suicide a deep thought over a considerable period of time and that’s why the suicide happened. Very sad if you asked me.
• Kurt Cobain, the lead singer of one of the most famous bands of all time Nirvana killed himself in a move that shocked the whole world. Till today, Nirvana fans all over the world still feel the sadness of Kurt Cobain’s suicide. Kurt Cobain, prior to killing himself left a suicide note that has become the most famous suicide note. Kurt Cobain’s suicide note was written to his childhood imaginary friend. In the note, Kurt Cobain sent a message to his wife, Courtney Love and to his only daughter France Bean Cobain. The following were the last words of Kurt Cobain’s suicide note: “Frances and Courtney, I’ll be at your alter. Please keep going Courtney, for Frances. For her life, which will be so much happier without me. I love you, I love you!”
Copyright © 2013 - facevalue.ExpertsColumn.Com · All Rights Reserved | Powered by: ExpertsColumn.com