Money makes the world go round, no doubt about that. In this column, we are going to take a look at the richest people in the world. The richest people in the world 2012. Without any further ado let us begin the list of the top ten richest people in the world as of the year 2012.
Mind you the list begins from number one with the richest man on earth to number 10 with the tenth richest person in the world occupying that spot.
Let us take a look at the world’s richest people now:
1. Carlos Slim Helu is a Mexican and is the world’s richest man. I know many of you thought that the world’s richest man was Bill Gates. Gates was once the world richest man but Carlos Slim has taken over that position with a net worth of $69 billion. His main source of revenue is from telecommunication.
2. The second world’s richest man, I guess most of you know by now is none other than our own Bill Gates. He occupies the second spot with a net worth of $61 billion.
3. Warren Buffett comes in at third place with a net worth of $44 billion. His source of money is from the famous Berkshire Hathaway. He is 81 years old.
4. Bernard Arnault from France is the fourth richest man in the world. His net worth has been estimated to be in the region of $41 billion.
5. We have the number five position going to Spanish Amancio Ortega whose net worth is $37.5 billion. He is 75 years old and owns Zara.
6. Larry Ellison from the United States comes in at the sixth position. His main source of revenue is from the famous Oracle that we all know by now. His net worth is $36 billion.
7. Position number seven with a net worth of $30 billion goes to Eike Batista from Brazil. Eike Batista generates his income from two major sectors: mining and oil.
8. Swedish Stefan Persson occupies the eight position, being the eight richest person in the world with a net worth of $26 billion. His revenue is generated from H&M.
9. Lik Ka-shing comes in at the ninth position and becomes the only Asian to be amongst the top ten richest people in the world. Li Ka-shing is 83 years old and has been estimated to have a net worth of $25.5 billion. The Honk Kong born billionaire has so many businesses that he runs.
10. The tenth position goes to Karl Albrecht from Germany whose net worth is $25.4 billion. His money is generated from his business Aldi.
So folks, this is the list of the top ten richest people in the world as at 2012.
Copyright © 2013 - facevalue.ExpertsColumn.Com · All Rights Reserved | Powered by: ExpertsColumn.com